- Quiznos + Cliff Freeman = Toasty Goodness
Cliff Freeman has fast-food in his blood. So when I got the chance to work with him making ads for Quiznos, I decided to give up my workout routine and grab a big, toasty sub. And I gained more than just weight. Here are some things we made.
The first is a campaign that started as a desperate call from the client on a Monday morning. "We need to do something," said the client. "The five dollar footlong from Subway is killing us."
We put them on mute because we had an idea. Should we throw it out on the call? Why not? We did. They bought it on the spot. We wrote the scripts and sold them after lunch. We hired a director the next day. We flew to L.A., casted and shot four spots. The first one aired on American Idol the following Tuesday night. 8 days.
The client recently told me they were the best-performing spots he had ever run. High praise indeed in the high-stakes world of fast food advertising.
- Quiznos "Laundromat"
- Quiznos was lowering their prices. On every sandwich. They wanted to talk all about it. They also wanted to show people enjoying the food. A lot.
So we said, "Okay."
- Quiznos wanted to announce that they delivered.
But they wanted to do it in a very impactful way. Boom.
Quiznos "Office Park"
- One of the teams had this crazy idea about a guy with an evil hand. We didn't have any plans that weekend, so we made it. It came out pretty good. Even if we did almost get our account person kicked out of her apartment.
Quiznos "Evil Hand - Boss"
- Quiznos "Evil Hand - Disposal"
Quiznos and Cliff Freeman were made for each other.
Advertising, Comedy, Television